In order to make an impact with your brand’s video marketing, your strategy needs to be well-planned and focused. The following tips and tricks will help you create a winning video marketing strategy.
1. Turn the video into an interactive experience for your audience. Include a call-to-action that will help you collect leads, direct people to more resources or encourage viewers to signup for a free trial. You don’t want viewers to stop interacting with your brand once the video’s over. Unsure of how to create an interactive video? Contact a video marketing agency to help you get started.
2. Don’t make the videos too long. You need to catch a viewer’s attention within eight seconds and the entire video shouldn’t go for much longer than three minutes. Even with compelling content, your viewer’s attention span is short.
3. Make it easy to find your video. Posting one to your website isn’t enough to attract new viewers. Professional video marketing services include things like SEO, metadata, captions and subtitles to make your videos discoverable. Additionally, you want to appeal to the right audience, not just anybody who will watch.
4. Instead of making the video all about your business, make it all about the customer. Tell the customer a story about what you can do for them. Think of the bigger story, about how you truly affect the lives of your customers.
5. In additional to making it easy for people to find your video, you also have to create a strategy for distributing it. You’ll need to connect with your niche audience on social media, via newsletters and on partner blogs, for starters. Connect with industry influencers who are willing to help push your information out there, too.
Continue to publish new videos. You wouldn’t start a blog and only put up one post, right? While video may seem daunting at first, it’s important to regularly deliver fresh content. Plus, the more you do it, the easier it will get. You don’t need to post new videos every day by any means, but aiming for one or two new ones a month is a great start.
5 Practical Tips for Effective Video Marketing, www.inc.com
Five Tips for Effective Video Marketing, www.ama.org